Jobs & auditions
We are always on the look out for daring and brilliant individuals to join the Rambert team. This page provides details of current job vacancies at Rambert, (these can include roles in Marketing, Participation and Community, Development, Operations, Producing, Tech and Artistic) and information about any forthcoming auditions or other opportunities.
You can also hear about opportunities in our e-newsletter, on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and our LinkedIn page. And we advertise our roles with a variety of spaces including Creative Access, Inc Arts, MyGwork, Ethical Jobseeker, the Job Centre and Disability Arts Jobs online.
Our vision is to have a workforce that is reflective of the society we are based in. We’re aware there are many barriers to access for a large part of society therefore have made the following commitments:
- Our recruitment process removes personal information so that the short-listing panel can make a choice using the answers you provide and the experience you present.
- We know you’re not a tick box, so on our equal opportunities monitoring form we ask you to self-describe for most of the questions.
- We know that Black, Asian and ethnically diverse individuals are underrepresented in the sector; we work closely with organisations including Inc Arts and Creative Access to remove barriers to access.
- We know that salary secrecy perpetuates pay gaps – hitting women and Black candidates hardest. For this reason, we advertise all roles with the salary expectations.
- We don’t need you to have a degree to get a job at Rambert (with the exception of a couple very specialist roles) as we believe that your experience counts for more.
- We understand that D/deaf and disabled people are underrepresented within the sector. We’re registered with the Disability Confident Scheme and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Reasonable adjustments we’re able to make during the application and interview process include holding interviews over Zoom in addition to in person interviews, receiving applications in audio and video formats and providing interview questions 24 hours before the interview. Also, we’ve made our building audit (by Access Able ) public, so you can – familiarise yourself with the Rambert building.
If there is more we can do, please let us know.
- We’re strategic partners with PIPA (Parents and carers in the Performing Arts) and understand the need to be flexible and supportive employers.
- We’re London Living Wage accredited because we want to help break the poverty cycle and reduce social economic barriers to those working within the arts.
When you apply for a role, remember that not all roles require you to have had previous experience in the cultural sector. We’re very keen to hear about any relevant experience you have which can also be voluntary. We also want to hear of any transferable skills you may have. Most importantly, we’re looking for the why and what. Why do you want to work for Rambert and what can you bring?
In return, we’re an organisation that values diversity because we believe that having a variety of voices and lived experiences produces a more inclusive and forward-thinking organisation. From recruitment, induction and working for Rambert we will support you. We undertake a variety of staff training and have House Rules to reflect and embed the values we all share. We provide 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time staff) and are open to flexible working including job shares, condensed working hours and remote working (flexibility will depend on the role).
Good luck with your job hunt and we hope your recruitment experience is a safe and inclusive one.