• At the very minimum, we will comply with all environmental legislation.
• We are identifying the environmental aspects and impacts of our core business and have created an action plan to minimise our (negative) environmental footprint and maximise our (positive) ‘handprint’ going forwards.
• We will use the action plan matrix to project manage our progress, using SMART targets and KPIs to set and review environmental objectives. This will grow and evolve each year. The action plan will outline areas of change which are within our control, within our influence and which currently seem insurmountable in order for us to monitor progress over a long-term period.
• In tandem with the above we will embed sustainability into our existing processes. This includes formalising the cross-organisation environmental action group and reviewing project briefs, budgets and procurement and partnership policies.
• We recognise that our sustainability ambitions intersect with our house rules, diversity and inclusion work and our organisational strategic plan and for this reason we will ensure environmental issues will be discussed at the highest level of the company and we will regularly review our policy and actions, committing to make a lasting change to our business model.
• We will explore the implications of gaining formal environmental accreditation and/or aligning with a sustainability framework such as the SDGs. Once a decision has been made, we will ensure that all staff, freelancers and partners understand and commit to this framework.
• We commit to net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. To ensure that we are taking action aligned with science-based targets to limit global warming to 1.5°C, we commit to halving our greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
• To achieve the above, we will reduce our building and touring energy emissions, including establishing a commitment to reduce flying for staff, dancers and collaborators.
• We will investigate low and zero carbon energy for electricity, heating and cooling and work with our collaborators to ensure we use low-energy tech solutions where possible.
• We commit to understanding how to utilise the principles of a circular economy across our operational activities.
• In line with the above, we will progressively ‘green’ our production process to ensure the projects and productions we produce become as environmentally friendly as possible and to enshrine sustainable practices, particularly where they intersect with our ethical stance (for example in costume sourcing).
• We will reduce wastage and preserve resources by reusing items where possible. We will reduce general waste by continuing to improve recycling – aiming to improve recycling rates by 5% per year.
• We will develop partnerships and collaborations with organisations who share our values and maximise our use of local and ethical suppliers with strong social and environmental principles.
• We have a policy in place to provide only vegan and vegetarian options when we are in control of event catering.
• We will engage with staff on issues of sustainability, and identify training and skills development needs across the organisation.
• We will strive to engage our audiences, participants and members with environmental issues by communicating our environmental initiatives and progress and exploring the potential to cover environmental topics in our artistic and educational programmes, collaborating with our staff, choreographers and partners.
• We will work collaboratively with local communities and organisations, such as our South Bank neighbours, and the wider dance community to raise awareness and share knowledge on topics of climate change and the environment.
All about Rambert
• At the very minimum, we will comply with all…
Rambert is Britain’s oldest dance company. We gave our first…
Rambert's home is a state-of-the-art facility on London's South Bank.…
Jobs & auditions
We are always on the look out for daring and…
On Tour - Promotor Information
At Rambert we combine major new large-scale work with the…
Coin Street partnership
Rambert was provided with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity by Coin Street…
At Rambert we strive to be radically inclusive leaders and…
Rambert Statement on Anti-Racism
Rambert is committed to anti-racism and a radically inclusive, safe…