Past eventQuicksilver Taster Day
Our youth dance company taster day will give potential applicants a chance to meet the team and gain insight into life as part of Quicksilver, including the expectations and opportunities available.
You’ll also learn what to expect of an audition day.
Quicksilver Taster Day includes:
- A contemporary dance technique class led by a Rambert Dancer (subject to change)
- A creative session taught by Quicksilver Artistic Director, Laura Harvey
- A Q&A session with the Quicksilver team and company
Date: Sunday 16 July
Time: 10am – 2pm (approx.)
Age: 15 – 19 years (company members must be aged minimum 16 and maximum 19 at 31 August 2017)
- Book for the Quicksilver Taster Day online
- Application forms for Quicksilver auditions will be available for completion on the Quicksilver Taster Day
- Auditions will be held on Sunday 3 September and are by invitation only
- Attendance at the taster day does not guarantee a place on the audition date
- Attendance at the taster day is not a requirement of applying to attend auditions
Quicksilver is Rambert’s youth dance company. Led by Artistic Director Laura Harvey, it is a challenging and exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to work in a professional environment, develop existing contemporary dance technique, work choreographically and participate in performance opportunities.
As a member of Quicksilver you will:
- Take weekly contemporary technique class, led by Artistic Director Laura Harvey
- Have the opportunity to watch Rambert in rehearsal and attend performances
- Take part in various performances throughout the year
- Work with guest artists and Rambert company dancers
- Be mentored by a Rambert company dancer to support your progress in Quicksilver
Quicksilver meet weekly and more frequently leading up to performances throughout the academic year.
Previous projects include Move It, Ignition Dance Festival, Waterloo Festival, National Theatre River Stage, Walking Shadows with London Philharmonic at the Royal Festival Hall, A Linha Curva at Westfield (W12) as part of English National Ballet’s Big Dance programme, Commonwealth Youth Dance Festival in Glasgow July 2014, ReFresh at The Place, the opening of the Eurostar at St Pancras International Station, performances at the Lilian Baylis Studio and Queen Elizabeth Hall and site-specific works. Previous company members have gone on to secure places in vocational schools and in further employment in performance (including Rambert Dance Company), teaching and administration in the dance sector.